- Each child is seen as gifted and is created uniquely by God. Their strengths are built upon to help each child discover their individuality. God has a special purpose for their lives.
- A well rounded literacy program is used to develop oral reading and comprehension skills. Students interact with older and younger grades through buddy reading. This helps develop reading skills and builds relationships across grades. Students begin to build the foundation for story and narrative writing in the grades to come.
- In Math, a hands on approach is used to develop a sound understanding of concepts, computation and problem solving skills. There is a focus on mastering math facts in order to build a solid foundation.
- Science is a time to be engaged in group work while learning about the world God has given us. Students will explore the scientific method as they make predictions and test their theories.
- Daily physical activity is a very important part of the day as we strive to develop the whole child. Leadership skills are built as students learn how to lead whole class games.
- Daily devotions and prayer provide a special time to connect and support each other.
- Teachers often collaborate with each other and provide community learning experiences across the grades.
Grade 1 - 2 Teachers: