Vision, Mission & Core Values
Living Waters Christian Academy exists to assist the Christian family by providing a Christ-centred, Bible-based education that inspires each student to pursue excellence in moral character, academics, respect for self and others, and reverence for God.
In pursuit of the vision of LWCA we recognize the following core
values as central motivators. They inform our decisions, they express
our ideals, and they guide our actions.
- Service – We promote and model a life of service to God and others as the road to blessing and fulfillment.
- Christ-centred – We keep the character, teachings, and love of Christ central in the curriculum, activities and policies of the school.
- Biblical Worldview – The living word of God is the lens through which we perceive our world, without it we are distorting reality.
- Character/integrity – We affirm devotion to God and obedience to His word as the vine from which character and godliness grows.
- Unity and Community – We value one another as God’s gift and recognize that we are most fully the body of Christ when we contribute, encourage, and honour one another through loving service.
Statement of Faith
Living Waters theme for the year is God Worshippers
We are to worship with all of our being, to take every thought captive, to present our bodies as living sacrifices; Heart, Mind, Soul and Strength.
The real life pursuit of a life of worship to the creator is a lifelong engagement. We are most fulfilled when we are pleasing God. Might I suggest that making the most of our lives and fulfilling the great commandments is what pleases him.
Worshipping God is more than singing his praises. The fact that we feel deeply the beauty, rightness, and majesty of creation is a signal to our hearts. To fulfill our own personal created purpose is an act of worship and a profound rejoicing. Education, with Christ at the centre, has this as its goal.
All of life is acted out with an eye to fulfilling one’s calling. This year we will be exploring the challenge and joy of being, and becoming more fully, God worshippers.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD…
Because we believe that all truth is God’s truth we want our students to understand the reality expressed in the Bible. Biblical integration means that we identify the Big Picture truths of scripture and link their relevance to topics of study within the classroom. John Piper wrote, “to remove God from the centre of education is to be profoundly undereducated.” The Bible reveals God’s interactions with the world and we understand the curriculum more profoundly when we use biblical truth as both the foundation and framework for developing a functional worldview.
We hope that our students will reach a deep understanding of God’s truth so that they can take that truth, in a formative and active way, into whatever vocation God has gifted them to perform. Armed with a biblical worldview they become redemptive agents, influencing godly change in our community, our country and our world.